Chana Pulao is a very common dish in Pakistan.It is served on every mother table and various ceremonies.Chana Pulao is very uncommon dish on India and Pakistan hotels.It is probably come from Mughal Era.Today India is the origin of that dish.Muslim of subcontinent love to eat that food.Chana Pulao is very famous in Punjab and Sindh Provinces in Pakistan. Karachi and Lahore cities have their special Chana Pulao specially Home Cooked.Chana Pulao is not as popular in KPK and Balochistan Provinces. Chana Pulao is eat with Chicken Kebab,Beef Kabab,Koftas, Salad as one want to take it as optional food.Its taste is spicy,little bit salt and easy to eat.
Chana Pulao (ChickPea Pilaf) Recipe in English
An extraordinary vegan ChickPea Pilaf is easy to cook and eat with a various dishes starting from Kababs to a Raita.
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 bird eye chilies
- 4 cloves
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 black cardamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamons
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/3 cup canola/sunflower/vegetable oil
Recipe Step by Step
- Heat oil in a huge pot and add onions.Fry for 10 minutes on medium low heat till golden brown.
- Add crushed garlic and ginger and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add whole ground spices. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chilies and cook for a few seconds.
- Add chikpeas.
- Mix salt,water and rice and boil.
- Let the water boil out about 10 minutes.
- Once the water has boiled out bring the heat down. Cover the tight fitting lid with a cotton cloth and let the rice stream for 8-10 minutes.
- Place the rice on serving platter. With a fork.