Aloo naan is the spicy potato stuffed with Indian flatbread make with boiled potatoes. Mix with spices. Then stuffed in dough to make nice naan bread.You can make tandoori naan by bake in oven.Its taste is increases when you serve with green sauce or yogurt.
About Aloo Naan Recipe
Aloo Naan is Pakistani and Indian Cuisine Recipe.Naan has different type of varieties.In Pakistan and Indian street food you can find simple naan,tilwala naan,Qeema wala Naan and lots of more.People can eat Kebab, vegetable or curry with naan.Aloo Naan can be eat with Daal.
Aloo Naan Ingredients
You can use boiled potatoes cooked with oil tumeric powder, salt,red chilli powder,green chillies,cumin and chaat masala.Add chopped green coriander.
Prepare Naan Dough with sugar,yeast,yogurt,salt and olive oil.Milk is used for top color on naan after bake.white sesame spray at top.Butter can be used with chopped coriander.
How To Make Aloo Naan
step by step
- First in a pan add oil and heat for one minute, mix cumin seeds and green chillies.Add chopped onion and saute.Add salt,red chilli powder,tumeric powder chaat masala.Cook for about 1 minute to release the spiceness.Add boiled potatoes.Mesh the potatoes and cook for two minutes.Add fresh corainder and after mixing cool down temperature.
- In a bowl add yeast, water and whisk it.Cover the yeast to rise for 10 minutes.Add salt,olive oil and yogurt.Make a soft dough.Cover the dough for one hours.keep in a warm place.After 2 hours dough to knead and make segments.
- Take a segment of dough and roll in circular shape.Put the stuffing in middle of dough.Brush milk at top and sprinkle sesame.
- Preheat the oven and aluminium foil is placed on tray.Brush the oil at the base of foil.Set all the naans and bake it for 200 Centigrade for 10 minutes.
- Make sure the potato stuffing is dry
- Do not over stuff the naan with potatoes
- Make sure dough is fully levened
- Spray the flour if dough is sticky
- Yogurt will provide softness
- Dont bake the naan for long period
- Use quality yeast
- Apply butter for super taste
- You can store it for 3 to 4 days in refrigerator before bake
- You can freeze for 15 days before baking. Take a plastic film and place naan and then place another plastic film
Why Aloo Naan breaks while stuffing?
Make sure dough is kneaded, stuffing is dry.
Differen between Aloo Naa and Aloo Paratha
Aloo naan make with dough knead with yogurt or yeast.Aloo paratha cooked on skillet with tawa
- 6 Boiled Potatoes
- 3 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chillies
- 1 tsp onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp green coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Butter 2 tsp
- sesame 2 tsp
- Milk 2 tsp
- Oil 2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Yogurt 1 tbsp
- 4 cups flour
- Sugar 1tsp
- Water 150 ml
- Yeast 15g