In this blog you will take a roundup of 30+most famous traditional Pakistani dishes.This list includes classic main dishes,desserts,Kebabs, Kofta and drinks along with recipes.
WHAT IS THE FAMOUS FOOD OF PAKISTAN?
Pakistan is popular for its Muslim King Era Moghul touch cuisine kormas,biryanis,kichdi,Koftay, Kebabs, Pulaos, Kheer and Haleem.Indian people loves vegetarian food. Pakistani cuisine is full of meat,beef,chicken and mutton.There are millions of dishes which is made by Pakistani people in home. These food varieties varies from provinces to provinces,cities to cities and people ethnicity. In Pakistan million of peoples migrated from India so they love more spicy dishes.In KPK there is a taste of Aghan recipes they eat less spicy.
WHAT IS PAKISTANI FOOD ANYWAY?
Pakistan is established in 1947 more than seven decades ago. However Pakistani dishes are more historical than seventy years ago.Pakistani cusine are more complex and spicy.Pakistani cuisine have all its neighbour effect. India, Afghanistan,Iran, Chinese dishes are more influential in Pakistani society.
What is Pakistan’s traditional food?
Pakistan is known for its rich and diverse culinary heritage, with aromatic spices,intense flavors, and mouth-watering dishes that are enjoyed by people all over the world. Pakistani traditional foods are a reflection of the country’s history and cultural diversity, and we will explore 30 of them below.
- Karahi: Karahi is a spicy dish made with meat, green chilies and tomatoes,spiceys. It is usually served with naan bread.
- Biryani: Biryani is a popular rice dish made with meat, spices and vegetables. It is considered to be one of the most famous Pakistani dishes.
- Haleem: Haleem is a rich stew made with wheat, meat and lentils. It is commonly eaten during the month of Ramadan.
- Nihari: Nihari is a slow-cooked meat curry that is usually made with mutton or beef and chicken. It is served with naan bread.
- Korma: Korma is a creamy curry made with yogurt, meat and spices. It is typically served with rice.
- Seekh Kabab: Seekh Kabab is a popular Pakistani street food made with spiced minced meat that is grilled on skewers.
- Paya: Paya is a spicy soup made with cow feet. It is typically eaten for breakfast.
- Chicken Tikka: Chicken Tikka is a grilled chicken and marinated dish that is typically served with naan bread.
- Shami Kabab: Shami Kabab is a flattened patty made with ground meat,onions,tomatoes,spices and lentils.
- Jalebi: Jalebi is a crispy, spiral-shaped dessert that is typically made with flour, sugar
- Daal Chawal: Daal Chawal is a simple but delicious dish made with lentils and rice.
- Saag: Saag is a spinach-based dish that is typically made with meat or paneer.
- Roghani Naan: Roghani Naan is a buttery, flaky bread that is typically served with curries.
- Paratha: Paratha is a flaky, layered bread that is typically served with breakfast dishes.Dahi Bhalla: Dahi Bhalla is a savory snack made with fried lentil balls that are soaked in yogurt and tamarind sauce.
- Pakoras: Pakoras are deep-fried vegetable fritters that are typically served as a snack or appetizer.
- Samosas: Samosas are crispy, triangular pastries that are usually filled with spiced potatoes or meat.
- Chana Chaat: Chana Chaat is a spicy chickpea salad that is typically served as a snack or appetizer.
- Halwa Puri: Halwa Puri is a popular breakfast dish made with fried bread, semolina pudding, and chickpeas.
- Kulfi: Kulfi is a creamy, frozen dessert that is typically flavored with cardamom or saffron.
- Falooda: Falooda is a sweet, cold dessert drink made with milk, vermicelli, and rose syrup.
- Rabri: Rabri is a sweet, condensed milk-based dessert that is typically flavored with cardamom or saffron.
- Zarda: Zarda is a sweet rice pudding that is typically flavored with saffron, cardamom, and nuts
- Chapli Kabab: Chapli Kabab is a spicy beef patty that is typically served with naan bread.
- Aloo Gosht: Aloo Gosht is potato curry and meat that is typically served with rice.
- Lassi: Lassi is a popular yogurt-based drink that is typically served with spicy food.